I’m contacting you today on behalf of the LSU Law Center Board of Advocates. As many of you are aware, the Board of Advocates sponsors a number of internal advocacy competitions throughout the academic year at the LSU Law Center. These internal competitions provide students with the opportunity to develop their skills as persuasive advocates before professionals in the legal community. However, it is only through the assistance of legal professionals, such as yourselves, that we are able to provide students this opportunity. As such, we would like to invite all LSU Law Center Alumni to serve as judges for the Law Center’s Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition and the Robert Lee Tullis Moot Court Competition.
The dates for the Fall 2018 Flory Competitionare:
- August 28, 2018—Preliminary Round 1 (7:00pm)
- September 6, 2018—Preliminary Round 2 (7:00pm)
- September 13, 2018—Quarterfinal Round (7:00pm)
- September 18, 2018—Semifinal Round (7:00pm)
The dates for the 2018 Tullis Moot Court Competitionare:
- October 9, 2018—Preliminary Round 1 (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
- October 11, 2018—Preliminary Round 2 (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
- October 15, 2018—Octofinal Round (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
- October 18, 2018—Quarterfinal Round (7:30pm– 9:00pm)
- October 23, 2018—Semifinal Round (6:30pm – 8:00pm)
For your convenience, the Board of Advocates has created a Google Form on which you are able to directly sign up based on your availabilities. The Google Form is located at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/jTF3WxsgUXCR1lZC3. You are also welcome to sign-up by sending an email containing the date and time in which you would like to judge to the Board of Advocates at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your commitment to the LSU Law Board of Advocates!
Vice President of Judicial Relations
Board of Advocates
J.D./D.C.L. Candidate, 2019