Your Gateway to U.S. Law and Practice
Located in the capital city of Baton Rouge, along the banks of the Mississippi River, Louisiana State University Law Center is a national and international hub for teaching, research, and public service in all aspects of the law. Baton Rouge is the second largest city in Louisiana and only a 90-minute drive from the historical city of New Orleans.
LSU Law offers a firm foundation in American law and boasts the only law school in the nation that has a fully integrated common law and civil law legal education. When combined with a comparative law focus, LLM graduates leave LSU with a truly global legal education and the skills needed in today’s competitive legal market.
Why Choose LSU Law?
- Generous merit-based scholarship opportunities
- Eligibility to sit for the New York State Bar Exam
- Opportunity to work in the U.S. for up to 18 months (for J-1 students)
- A rigorous yet personable learning environment
- Top 10 budget LLM programs in the U.S. for 2020 (LLM Guide)
- Top 10 worldwide LLM programs for Energy Law
for 2020 (LLM Guide)
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
- Experience Louisiana’s unique and vibrant culture
Best Value American LLM Program
- On average, the cost of tuition and fees paid by our LLM candidates is below $10,000 for the entire year. This makes our LLM program one of the most affordable in the United States.
- While the average passage rate of foreign-educated test-takers on the New York Bar Exam is less than 50 percent, in the past eight years, our LLM passage rate has been close to 100 percent. Our passage rate
for the Louisiana Bar Exam is also close to 100 percent.
Our LLM application for the academic year 2021-2022 is now available online on the LSAC website.
Download the LLM Brochure
Visit the LSU Law Worldwide Blog and subscribe to e-mail updates.