Your Gateway to U.S. Law and Practice
Located in the capital city of Baton Rouge, along the banks of the Mississippi River, Louisiana State University Law Center is a national and international hub for teaching, research, and public service in all aspects of the law. Baton Rouge is the second largest city in Louisiana and only a 90-minute drive away from the historical city of New Orleans.
LSU Law offers a firm foundation in American law and boasts the only law school in the nation that has a fully integrated common law and civil law legal education. When combined with a comparative law focus, LL.M. graduates leave LSU with a truly global legal education and the skills needed in today’s competitive legal market.
- Generous merit-based scholarship opportunities
- Opportunity to work in the U.S. for up to 18 months (for J-1 students)
- A rigorous yet personable learning environment
- Eligibility to sit for the New York State Bar Exam
- Top 10 worldwide LL.M. program for Energy Law for 2019 (LLM Guide website)
- Experience Louisiana’s unique and vibrant culture
- Affordable housing and low cost of living
Best Value American LL.M. Program
- On average, the cost of tuition and fees paid by our LL.M. candidates is below $10,000 for the entire year. This makes our LL.M. program one of the most affordable in the United States.
- While the average passage rate of foreign-educated test-takers on the New York Bar Exam is less than 50 percent, in the past eight years, our LL.M. passage rate has been close to 100 percent. Our passage rate for the Louisiana Bar Exam is also close to 100 percent.
Download the LL.M. Brochure
Visit the LSU Law Worldwide Blog and subscribe to e-mail updates
For the 2019-2020 academic year, we will only accept applications submitted online through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC.org) website. We no longer accept paper applications.