The Law Library served as a depository for duplicate records and briefs of the Louisiana Supreme Court and also the Louisiana Courts of Appeal, Circuits 1-5 until 2010. All deposited records and briefs remain the property of the courts. The Law Library received court records at the discretion of the courts. There are gaps in our holdings. Holdings include cases for which the appeal process has been exhausted.
Dates of coverage:
- Louisiana Supreme Court, 1912-2009
- Louisiana Courts of Appeal, 1960-2009
The court records and briefs are stored off-site, but may be checked out for a period of twenty days, beginning on the date the record is mailed. Send requests via email to email@example.com or send fax on official letterhead to 225-578-5773.
Include the following information:
- Name of case requested
- Appellate or Supreme Court docket number (records cannot be located by local judicial district docket number)
- Requesting party’s Federal Express account number
- Written agreement that the requesting party will be responsible for returning the records within the loan period.
- Bar roll numbers (attorney’s only)
Requests must be received no later than noon on Tuesday. Requests received after that time will be held for retrieval on Tuesday of the following week.