The Faculty Information Delivery (FIND) Service retrieves and delivers books, articles, legal materials and other publications directly to LSU Law Center faculty. All requests should be submitted to email@example.com. Deliveries will be made to law faculty by 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless other arrangements are made.
Who is eligible to use the FIND service?
- All regular, clinical and visiting law faculty, and all Law Center staff and administrators.
- The service is only available to visiting law faculty during the semester they are teaching in the Law School.
- Law Center Faculty Assistants may make requests on behalf of professors.
- Student research assistants are not eligible to use FIND service and they are not permitted to request materials on behalf of professors.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed during all Law School holidays
- All FIND requests received on the weekends and holidays will be answered on the next business day.
To request material:
Format of Requests:
- Your name
- The material that you would like to request. Please include a complete citation or as much information as you may have for the requested information.
- When you will need the requested material. Requests are processed on a first come, first serve basis so if you need the materials very quickly please indicate “rush” and specify the time constraints of the request.
- Any special instructions, e.g. special formatting, delivery preference, etc.
Document Delivery Response Time:
- All requests will receive a response within 24 hours.
- When materials must be obtained through Interlibrary Loan, the delivery date will depend upon how quickly the lending library sends the materials.
- Rush service is available. Indicate the date and time you need the material(s). We will notify you if we cannot meet your deadline.
- Materials obtain through the FIND Service may be returned to Law Library Circulation Desk.
- Materials from other libraries have limited loan periods.
- Please comply with all due dates and recall notices.
- The Law Library cannot waive fines from other libraries.