Exam4 Take Home
For take home exams, you will need to download the exam questions prior to using the Exam4 software to take your exam. You will start your exam in Exam4 the same way as you normally do with one exception. For the exam mode where you normally type “CLOSED” you will type “TAKEHOME.” This will do several things:
- The software runs as it normally does but without doing a security check when an exam is started. This allows access to other programs and the Internet.
- You have the ability to start an exam and reopen it later if you prefer. To do so, choose “Select existing exam” when you open the software. Your exam is still automatically saved every ten seconds with additional backups being done every two minutes.
Do not use Microsoft Word or any other word processor to type your exam. You must type your answers in the Exam4 software in “TAKEHOME.” mode.
Here are some screenshots of the process that you will need to do to begin a take home exam:
- Go to https://www.exam4.com/org/675 and choose the take home exam corresponding to your class at the top of the page. The example below shows a practice take home exam.
- Verify your course name at the top and enter your examID that was issued to you by the Registrar’s office.
- The system records that you have received the exam questions and will display the due date for your exam. Any instructions for this exam are listed at the top of the page followed by link to the exam questions. You must click the link to obtain a PDF of the exam questions which you can save and/or print.
- You will then start your exam in Exam4 to type your responses the same way you normally do with one exception. For the exam mode where you normally type “CLOSED” you will type “TAKEHOME.”