LSU Law Academic Commencement Regalia (Cap or Tam, Hood and Gown)
All Law students wear academic regalia rented or purchased from the LSU Barnes & Noble Book Store. Orders may be placed at the LSU Law Center’s Grad Fair scheduled for Monday, February 11 and Tuesday, February 12, 2019 in the rear Lobby area, 1st Floor. The Grad Fair will be from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. each day. The Book Store will notify grads when the order arrives. Graduates are responsible for returning the regalia to the Book Store following Commencement.
Costs are tentatively as follows for 2019 (SUBJECT TO CHANGE in ’18-’19):
All rentals require a $100.00, refundable deposit. The Deposit is refunded upon return of the rented regalia to the Barnes and Noble Book Store after Commencement.
The tentative deposit cost and tax is included in the prices below (SUBJECT TO CHANGE in ’18-’19):
- Law Doctoral Regalia-Rental Costs:
- Option 1: Cap, Gown, Hood & Tassel, including tax and deposit: $177.39
- Option 2: Cap, Gown, Hood, Tassel, Purchased Tam, including tax and deposit: $268.95
- Note: Tams may be worn in lieu of the traditional mortar board; however, tams must be purchased and cannot be rented.
- Note: Gowns may be purchased (inquire at Grad Fair of Book Store).