LSU Law to Hold In-Person Commencement Exercises
Class of 2021 & Class of 2020
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC)
Grads Must Arrive: 9:00 a.m. at latest
Doors Open for Guests: 9:00 a.m.
May 3, 2021, Update to Commencement Instructions — Class of 2021 & Class of 2020
Guest Capacity and Ticketing: No Electronic Ticketing Required; Guest Limit Now 7 Guests
Last month, you received an email indicating that tickets would be delivered electronically this week. After reviewing last week’s updated guidance from the State of Louisiana in conjunction with our facility capacities, the University has determined that electronic tickets are no longer required. At the same time, it is important for each of you to limit your attendees to 7 or fewer individuals out of respect for each other and your families and other guests. This is the University policy.
All indoor venues, including the PMAC, continue to have below-100% capacity. Limiting the size of your party will ensure that all guests can be seated and can celebrate your accomplishments comfortably and stress-free, at distance from other family groups.
Other Important Details:
- The 2021 LSU Law Center Commencement speaker will be Chief Judge Shelly D. Dick of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana (JD 1988).
Check-In Arrival Time and Location: No later than 9:00 a.m. — Outside PMAC, Bottom Level between SW & SE Portal (near TAF Office)
- Degree candidates and graduates should plan to arrive at the PMAC no later than 9 a.m. Because of COVID protocols, you must check in at least 30 minutes before the 10:00 a.m. ceremony.
- Check-in will be located outside the PMAC on the bottom level under the entrance ramps between the Southwest and Southeast Portals (see map).
- You will receive a card at check-in with your designated seating within the arena. Staff will be on hand to direct you. State and University guidelines prohibit a formal processional of graduates into the arena.
- You will be directed how to exit the PMAC at the conclusion of the Ceremony.
- Guests must meet you outside of the PMAC.
Mask Requirements: Graduates and Guests
- Masks/face coverings will be required for everyone—both you and your guests. Entry to the PMAC may be denied to any individual who does not adhere to the face covering policy. You will be expected to wear your mask while seated, approaching the stage, and as you cross the stage. You will be permitted to remove your mask for official commencement photographs as you depart the stage, but your mask must immediately be replaced as you make your way back to your seat.
- Doors will open for guests at approximately 9:00 a.m. — one hour before the ceremony begins.
Seating in the PMAC
- Guests planning to sit together must enter the venue together, as the saving of seats will not be permitted due to physical distancing precautions. Once seated, all guests should refrain from moving about the venue for the duration of the ceremony due to physical distancing and health precautions.
Special Needs Seating – Elevators at Southeast Portal
- Accessible seating for guests will be available in the upper level of the arena along with the other guest seats. An elevator is located on the lower level at the Southeast Portal if needed for access. The Landmark security staff will be available to assist with guest seating.
Length of the Ceremony
- We expect the ceremony will last approximately 1.5 hours. If you are planning afternoon events, we suggest 1 p.m. or later to allow for dismissal from the venue, traffic, etc.
Guests Exiting the PMAC
- Guests will be directed by Landmark security to depart the building in orderly fashion to meet graduates outside the arena. The PMAC is cleared and sanitized after all ceremonies. Therefore, it is important that you follow directions from event staff when departing the ceremony to ensure other planned events remain on schedule.
LIVE Stream of Commencement
- The ceremony will be live-streamed. Details on the live-stream will be made available at www.lsu.edu/celebration and https://www.law.lsu.edu/commencement/.
The Law Building
- Note that the Law Building will NOT be open on Saturday, May 15, as all staffing resources are dedicated to the commencement ceremony at the PMAC. For building hours, please see this link.
Submit to: email@example.com
We are excited to have this opportunity to celebrate with each of you and want to make this a special day. Thank you in advance for doing your part to maintain a safe (and celebratory) environment!
Deadline to RSVP for Commencement Has Passed
April 9, 2021 was the deadline to RSVP for in-person Commencement. Registration was required through this survey https://www.law.lsu.edu/forms/commencement-survey/ Your survey must have been submitted by April 9 for in-person participation . No exceptions can made with regards to this deadline.