Please note that LSU Law’s Commencement exercises and all student-related activities have been postponed due to the Corona Virus.
From Interim Dean Lee Ann Lockridge:
“We will hold something lovely for our students when we can meet three criteria:
(1) it is safe to do so and
(2) it works for most of you and
(3) we can give you sufficient notice to plan on it.”
Please be reminded to pay all fees by May 22 to the LSU Bursar’s office.
View your account at myLSU.
Law Grad Fair has also been postponed.
There is no need to order cap and gowns at this time.
You may still order announcements and rings from Balfour.
The crawfish boil is cancelled for now, and all students will be refunded full payments.
Gifts may still be made to the Class Gift, and are appreciated.
Free certificates of appreciation are still available, with delivery to be determined.
We’d love to still get your favorite photos of your years at PMH.
2020 Commencement, Friday, May 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m., LSU Pete Maravich Assembly Center
Please plan to attend the LSU Law Grad Fair, Monday, March 16 – Tuesday, March 17, from 9:00 – 4:00 p.m. each day.
Order your cap and gown, rings and invitations, and register for social activities noted below.
The LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center Commencement exercises will take place Friday, May 15, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center on LSU’s campus.
- There is no limit on the number of guests who may attend, and there are no tickets required for entry.
- Please note that a CLEAR BAG POLICY will be enforced for graduates and guests. See details at: https://lsusports.net/sports/2018/8/1/211063998.aspx
- The Commencement speaker will be the Honorable Shelly Dick (LSU Law 1988), Chief Judge, Middle District of Louisiana.
- Graduates must report to the PMAC Basketball Practice Facility by 3:30 p.m. on Friday, May 15.
- The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
- See the website and Commencement Instructions for additional links for parking and other Information for graduates.
Please make sure to review the checklist of Important Deadlines for Graduates.
- All fees owed to the University must be paid by May 22.
- Dean’s certificates for Bar Exams are due to the Registrar by May 8.
- See additional instructions and deadlines on the Checklist.
Pre-Commencement Social Activities:
- By May 1, register for family-oriented Graduation Crawfish Boil and Jambalaya (Thursday, May 14, 2020 – free for grads and children, and $25 per guest). The family event will be at the LSU Mini-farm on AG Center Drive, LSU Campus, starting at 5 p.m. The Mini-farm has air conditioning, rest rooms, and parking!
- Sign up to make your Class Gift to be a Champion for for Champions!
- Register for free Certificates of Appreciation to give to loved ones.
- Send your photos for the Commencement Slide Show to Steve.Sanoski@lsu.edu Photos will be shown before Commencement. There is no limit on the number of photos you can submit.