Commit to LSU Law Give to LSU Law!
The LSU Law Center is known for its demanding, yet personal, legal education. Our goal is to provide a dynamic and state-of-the art educational experience for our students, and your gifts allow us to do just that. Your annual gifts or endowment gifts provide the much-needed resources for today’s Law Center.
The LSU Law Center is focused on strategic priorities that will transform legal education and develop the next generation of leaders for our state and nation. These five priorities include:
- Supporting students via scholarships
- Promoting and funding experiental learning programs to better prepare students for the world of work
- Furthering the Energy Law program and Laborde Energy Law Center to bridge the coast, energy and environment issues impacting the state and nation
- Preserving and enriching the Bjural (civil) legal traditions of Louisiana as a means of advancing arts and culture, and
- Creating joint programs with LSU, to foster research, catalyze economic development and improve the health and well being of the state’s citizens.
Together, we can build a legal community to help change the world!
How can you help? By supporting our students, faculty, and programs.
Support for Students
- Endow and name a scholarship
- Name an annual scholarship gift
- Name an annual gift to support the Apprenticeship Week program
- Name an annual gift to support the Law Review banquet
- Name a gift to support a Graduation Speaker’s Series
- Endow and name a class performance award, or give an annual gift
Support for Experiential Legal Education
- Endow and name one of the 25 Moot Court Teams, or provide annual support to a team
- Endow and name one of multiple Trial Advocacy teams, or provide annual support
- Endow and name a gift to support the government and nonprofit field placement program, or give annual support
- Endow and name a clinical faculty fellowship, or give an annual gift
- Endow and name a clinical professorship or give annual support
Support the Energy Law Program
- Endow and name the Mineral Law Institute, or make an annual gift over multiple years
- Endow and name a gift to support Energy Law adjunct faculty, or make an annual gift
- Endow and name the Energy Moot Court Team, or make an annual gift
Enhancements to Student Life
- Endow and name a gift for the Law Review Symposia, or give an annual gift
- Endow and name a lectureship program
- Provide an annual gift to create a named Academic Counselor position (five year request)
- Provide an annual gift to create a named Coordinator of International Student Programs position (five year request)
- Provide an annual gift to support a named Dean of Students position (five year request)
Support the Civil Law Tradition
- Endow and name the summer study abroad program in Lyon, France, or provide an annual gift
- Endow and name a gift to support the Civil Law traditions and programs of LSU Law, or provide an annual gift
- Endow and name scholarship for students pursuing the Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law (GDCL) or the Masters of Laws( LL.M.)
Faculty Programs: Academic (Doctrinal)
- Endow a special purpose gift (with discussion by LSU Law administration)
- Provide an annual summer research grant for a faculty member
- Endow program support for specific subjects (with discussion by LSU Law administration)
Fostering Joint Programs
- Endow and name a scholarship to support a student in the LSU/LSU Law 3 + 3 program (last year of undergraduate is first year of law school
Other Law Center Programs and Building Enhancements
- Support the Classroom to Courtroom project, designed to turn a minimum of four classrooms into “functioning courtrooms” for Advocacy Skills training and classroom instruction
- From the Library to our special Centers and Institutes, each program at the Law Center can benefit from your support. In addition, a number of building enhancements are important to our future. If you are interested in naming a room or supporting a specific project, please contact Dr. Karen Soniat in the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or call 225/938-7763 (cell) or 225/578-8645 (work).
Note: Naming of physical spaces and academic programs requires approval of the LSU Board of Supervisors.
Please contact Bobbi Zaunbrecher in the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225/578-8705 (work), for more information on how you can support LSU Law!
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Law Center!