Commit to LSU Law Give to LSU Law!
The LSU Law Center is known for its demanding, yet personal, legal education. Our goal is to provide a dynamic and state-of-the art educational experience for our students, and your gifts allow us to do just that. Your annual gifts or endowment gifts provide the much-needed resources for today’s Law Center.
The LSU Law Center is focused on strategic priorities that will transform legal education and develop the next generation of leaders for our state and nation. These five priorities include:
- Supporting students via scholarships
- Promoting and funding experiental learning programs to better prepare students for the world of work
- Furthering the Energy Law program and Laborde Energy Law Center to bridge the coast, energy and environment issues impacting the state and nation
- Preserving and enriching the Bjural (civil) legal traditions of Louisiana as a means of advancing arts and culture, and
- Creating joint programs with LSU, to foster research, catalyze economic development and improve the health and well being of the state’s citizens.
Together, we can build a legal community to help change the world!
How can you help? By supporting our students, faculty, and programs.
Support for Students
- Endow and name a superior graduate scholarship ($60,000; eligible for competitive match from the Louisiana Board of Regents)
- Endow and name a scholarship ($40,000; no match)
- Name an annual scholarship gift ($5,000 – $25,000)
- Name an annual gift to support the Apprenticeship Week program ($25,000)
- Name an annual gift to support the Law Review banquet ($10,000)
- Name a gift to support a Graduation Speaker’s Series ($25,000)
- Endow and name a class performance award ($20,000 minimum), or $500 annual gift
Support for Experiential Legal Education
- Endow and name the clinical legal education program ($1Million)
- Endow and name one of the 25 Moot Court Teams ($250,000), or provide annual support ($10,000 per year, 5 year minimum with option for renewal)
- Endow and name one of multiple Trial Advocacy teams ($250,000) , or provide annual support ($10,000 per year, 5 year minimum with option for renewal)
- Endow and name a gift to support the government and nonprofit field placement program ($120,000)
- Endow and name a clinical faculty fellowship ($120,000 minimum)
- Endow and name a clinical professorship ($240,000 minimum; eligible for competitive $60,000 from the Louisiana Board of Regents)
Support the Energy Law Program
- Endow and name the Mineral Law Institute ($2 Million), or make an annual gift at $25,000 per year, 5 year minimum
- Endow and name a gift to support Energy Law adjunct faculty ($100,000)
- Endow and name the Energy Moot Court Team ($250,000)
Enhancements to Student Life
- Endow and name a gift for the Law Review Symposia ($1 Million)
- Endow and name a lectureship program ($200,000)
- Provide an annual gift to create a named Academic Counselor position ($100,000 for five years)
- Provide an annual gift to create a named Coordinator of International Student Programs position ($100,000 for five years)
- Provide an annual gift to create a named Dean of Students position ($100,000 for five years)
Support the Civil Law Tradition
- Endow and name the summer study abroad program in Lyon, France ($1 Million)
- Endow and name a gift to support the Civil Law traditions and programs of LSU Law ($200,000 minimum)
- Endow and name scholarship for students pursuing the Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law (GDCL) or the Masters of Laws( LL.M.) ($60,000; eligible for competitive match from the Louisiana Board of Regents)
Faculty Programs: Academic (Doctrinal)
- Endow a special purpose gift ($20,000)
- Provide an annual summer research grant ($20,000)
- Endow program support for specific subjects ($60,000)
Fostering Joint Programs
- Endow and name a scholarship to support a student in the LSU/LSU Law 3 + 3 program (last year of undergraduate is first year of law school ($60,000; eligible for competitive match from the Louisiana Board of Regents)
Other Law Center Programs and Building Enhancements
- From the Library to our special Centers and Institutes, each program at the Law Center can benefit from your support. In addition, a number of building enhancements are important to our future. If you are interested in naming a room or supporting a specific project, please contact the Alumni Office at 225/578-8645 or 225/578-8705.
Note: Naming of physical spaces and academic programs requires approval of the LSU Board of Supervisors.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Law Center!