#FastTrackFriday Skills Workshops
On Friday afternoons throughout the academic year, the Advocacy Programs faculty will host a series of “fast-track” intensive skills workshops designed to give students exposure to skills necessary for success in internal and external competitions being held at the LSU Law Center in that semester.
All #FastTrackFriday workshops will be held 3:00 to 4:30 pm in Room 110.
Participation is completely voluntary, signing up is not required, attendance will not be taken, and students may elect to participate in some but not all of the workshops at their option. No preparation is required and no experience is necessary. The workshops will be taught by Prof. Jeffrey Brooks, Advocacy Fellow Annie Scardulla, and the coaches of the Advocacy Programs. The #FastTrackFriday workshops are open to all LSU Law Center students, but are particularly intended for 2L and 3L students who plan to participate in Advocacy Programs competitions.
The schedule of Fall 2019 #FastTrackFriday workshops is below:
- Friday, August 23 – Opening Statements
- Friday, August 30 – Witness Examinations
- This workshop will fast-track skills necessary for success in the Fall Flory Trial Competition.
- Friday, September 6 – Appellate Oral Arguments
- Friday, September 13 – Legal Negotiations
- This workshop will fast-track skills necessary for success in external team tryouts for alternative dispute resolution and transactional teams.
- Friday, September 27 – Interviewing a Client