Build Your Lawyering Toolbox Workshop Series
The Advocacy Programs are pleased to present the “Build Your Lawyering Toolbox” Workshop Series. The Lawyering Toolbox is an eight-part workshop series in which participating law students will learn about and develop strategies, soft skills, and techniques necessary for success in their upcoming legal clerkships, internships, externships, and field placements. The 2022 Lawyering Toolbox series will be presented by Advocacy Fellow Danny Bosch and a series of guest instructors from the Baton Rouge legal community. Students that attend all eight sessions will receive an Affidavit of Completion to put on a résumé.
The Lawyering Toolbox series is open to all students currently enrolled at LSU Law and SULC. All of the sessions will be held in the McKernan Auditorium. Sign-ups are not required, simply attend each of the programs. (Note that attendance at all 8 programs is required in order to receive the Affidavit of Completion.) Students are strongly encouraged to attend the workshops in person; a remote attendance option will also be provided each week on this website. All in-person attendees must comply with LSU’s COVID-19 policies. Questions should be directed to Advocacy Fellow Danny Bosch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, January 24 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Client Counseling and Developing a Client File
- Wednesday, February 2 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Initial Case Assessment and Research
- Wednesday, February 16 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Legal Communications
- Wednesday, February 23 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Pleadings
- Wednesday, March 9 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Discovery and Depositions
- Wednesday, March 16 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Motion Practice
- Monday, March 21 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Dispute Resolution
- Wednesday, April 6 from 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Career Identity
Students can access materials from each of the Workshop sessions by visiting our Advocacy Resources Folder. To access the Resources folder, visit the LSU Law Center Remote File Access page, log in using your MyLSU credentials, and then navigate to Community Files -> Restricted -> Advocacy Resources.
The Lawyering Toolbox Series was first developed by LSU Law Center Advocacy Fellow Annie Scardulla as the “Fit to Practice” workshop series. For prior coverage of the Fit to Practice program, visit this link.