Fit to Practice Workshop Series
The Advocacy Programs, in conjunction with LSU Law’s Cornerstones student organization, is pleased to present FIT TO PRACTICE, a civil litigation workshop series, during the Spring 2019 semester. Open to all students, each session of this series will focus on a skill essential to the successful practice of an associate in their first three years of work in civil litigation. Every workshop will include a health and wellness de-stress program! This series will be taught by LSU Law Center Advocacy Fellow Annie Scardulla and leading civil litigation attorneys. Students that attend all eight sessions will receive an Affidavit of Completion to put on a résumé.
All of the sessions will be held in the Auditorium at the LSU Law Center. Sign-ups are not required, simply attend each of the programs. Questions should be directed to Ms. Scardulla.
- Monday, January 28, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Petitions/Complaints
- Monday, February 4, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Client Billing/Reporting
- Monday, February 11, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Written Discovery
- Monday, February 18, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Third-Party Discovery / Medical Records
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Depositions
- Monday, March 11, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Mediation
- Monday, March 18, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Dispositive Motions
- Monday, March 25, 2019 – 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Auditorium – Trial Prep
Plus, this year, we are excited to announce two BONUS programs:
- On January 28, 2019, at 4:00 p.m., the Law Center’s Career Services Office is hosting a Baton Rouge Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Networking Panel immediately following the Fit to Practice Program
- On March 18, 2019, at 4:00 p.m., Judge Guy Holdridge is hosting a Louisiana Civil Procedure Boot Camp immediately following the Fit to Practice Program.
(These two events above are voluntary programs; attendance is not required to get the Affidavit of Completion.)
Click the image below for the full 2019 Fit to Practice Program schedule: