Fit to Practice Workshop Series
The Advocacy Programs are pleased to present FIT TO PRACTICE, a civil litigation workshop series, during the Spring 2020 semester. Fit to Practice is an nine-part workshop series, open to all LSU Law and Southern Law students, that is focused on the young attorney’s role in civil litigation case management and attorney well-being. Each session will focus on a skill critical to success in summer associate positions and externships, and to success as a an entry-level attorney in civil practice. This series will be taught by LSU Law Center Advocacy Fellow Annie Scardulla and leading civil litigation attorneys. Students that attend all nine sessions will receive an Affidavit of Completion to put on a résumé.
All of the sessions will be held in the McKernan Auditorium at the LSU Law Center. Sign-ups are not required, simply attend each of the programs. Questions should be directed to Ms. Scardulla.
- Petitions/Complaints: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Client Billing/Reporting: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Written Discovery: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Third-Party Discovery / Medical Records: Wednesday, February 19, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Depositions: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Mediation: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Dispositive Motions: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Implicit Bias: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Trial Prep: Wednesday, April 1, 2020, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Prior coverage of the Fit to Practice program: