The Advocacy Programs are pleased to sponsor the Transactional Competition, an internal competition at LSU to develop students’ skills in dispute resolution, transactions, and negotiation. In each round, teams will receive a common set of facts known by all participants and confidential information known only to the participants representing a particular side.
This year’s Transactional Competition does not require students to draft or edit a contract; instead, they must negotiate a series of disputes, and the dispute at issue will change in each successive round. All three negotiations this year will deal generally with the topic of family law.
2021 Transactional Competition
Case Statement, Rules, and Registration:
The competition’s rules and the General Facts provided to all teams can be found on the Advocacy Programs Resources folder. To access the folder, visit the LSU Law Center Remote File Access page (log in using your MyLSU credentials), and then navigate to Community Files -> Restricted -> Advocacy Resources. Teams will receive their side-specific confidential facts after registration closes.
2021 Competition Dates:
- Registration Period: February 4 through February 12 at 5:00 pm
- Optional Pre-Registration Q&A with Board of Advocates: Thursday, February 11 at 5:00 pm (a link will be posted to this page on Feb. 11)
- Optional Q&A for Registered Teams: Thursday, February 18 at 5:00 pm (a link will be sent to all registered competitors)
- Preliminary Round 1: March 1, 2021
- Preliminary Round 2: March 4, 2021
- Final Round: TBD on March 9 or 10 at 7:00 pm CST, streamed live at facebook.com/lsulawadvocacy