Flory Trial Competition
Named in honor of the late professor of the Law Center, the Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition is a mock trial competition open to all second-and third-year law students. A Flory Trial is held each semester; the fall Flory trial is traditionally a criminal case, while the spring Flory trial is a civil case.
Any 2L or 3L can participate as an attorney. Any student, including first-year students, can act as a juror or witness. Participating in the Flory trials is one of the best ways to get real-life experience and exposure to evidence and other rules of trial. (Coursework in evidence is not a required prerequisite to participate in the Flory Trials.) The finalists of each semester’s Flory Trials receive an automatic invitation to membership on the Board of Advocates.
Spring 2021 Flory Trial Competition
The Spring 2021 Flory Trial Competition will be held virtually on Zoom!
- Spring 2021 Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition Case File
- Spring 2021 Flory Trial Competition Rules
- Spring 2021 Flory Trial Team Registration Form (registration closes at 5 pm on January 25, 2021)
Spring 2021 Competition Dates:
- Team Registration Period: January 11-January 25
- Preliminary Round 1: Thursday, January 28, 2021
- Preliminary Round 2: Monday, February 1, 2021
- Semifinal Round: Thursday, February 4, 2021
- Final Round: Monday, February 8, 2021 at 6:00 pm (streamed live at facebook.com/lsulawadvocacy)