Flory Trial Competition
Named in honor of the late professor of the Law Center, the Ira S. Flory Mock Trial Competition is a mock trial competition open to all second-and third-year law students. A Flory Trial is held each semester; the fall Flory trial is traditionally a criminal case, while the spring Flory trial is a civil case.
Any 2L or 3L can participate as an attorney. Any student, including first-year students, can act as a juror or witness. Participating in the Flory trials is one of the best ways to get real-life experience and exposure to evidence and other rules of trial. (Coursework in evidence is not a required prerequisite to participate in the Flory Trials.) The finalists of each semester’s Flory Trials receive an automatic invitation to membership on the Board of Advocates.
Spring 2022 Flory Trial Competition
Spring 2022 Competition Materials:
- Spring 2022 Flory Trial Competition Case File
- Spring 2022 Flory Trial Competition Rules (note: these rules have changed from last fall’s competition!)
- Competition Registration Form
Spring 2022 Competition Dates:
- Team Registration Period: January 4 through January 14, 2022 at 5:00 pm
- Preliminary Round 1: Wednesday, January 19 between 6 and 10 pm
- Preliminary Round 2: Monday, January 24 between 6 and 10 pm
- Quarterfinal Round: Wednesday, January 26 between 6 and 10 pm
- Semifinal Round: Monday, January 31 between 6 and 10 pm
- Final Round: Monday, February 7 at 6:00 pm in the LSU Law Center’s Robinson Courtroom