Dean’s Cup Competition
The Dean’s Cup Competition is an appellate advocacy competition at the LSU Law Center in which students compete individually over the course of the entire spring semester for the right to claim the Dean’s Cup. The competition simulates oral argument before the United States Supreme Court in a series of three real, currently-pending United States Supreme Court cases. Competitors will be provided the parties’ briefs, the decision of the court below, and other relevant documents, and will compete in oral arguments through a series of individual elimination brackets. Competitors are not required to submit written briefs.
The Dean’s Cup Competition is open to members of the second and third-year classes only.
2020 Dean’s Cup Competition
Competition Rules and Registration:
- 2020 Dean’s Cup Competition Rules (to be released January 24, 2020)
- Dean’s Cup Competition Scoresheet
2020 Dean’s Cup Dates:
- Preliminary Rounds (Case #1): March 9, 10, and 11, 2020
- Quarterfinal Rounds (Case #2): March 16, 2020
- Semifinal Rounds (Case #2): March 18, 2020
- Final Round (Case #3): March 23, 2020
2020 Dean’s Cup Cases:
- Case #1 (Preliminary Rounds): Will be announced on January 24, 2020!
- Case #2 (Quarterfinal & Semifinal Rounds): Will be announced on January 24, 2020!
- Case #3 (Final Round): Will be announced on January 24, 2020!