The LSU Law Center’s Tax Law Society will be hosting a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Site to assist international students, researchers, and professors in preparation of federal and state tax returns. These individuals needing tax return assistance should bring to the Site:
- Passport / photo ID / Visa information
- Tax Forms received, such as W-2’s, 1099’s, health insurance information, etc.
- Interest and dividend statements from bank (if applicable)
- Copy of prior year’s tax return, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit (ex: blank check)
The VITA Site will be available at the LSU Law Center in Room W230 on the following dates:
- Tuesday, February 21, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Thursday, February 23, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 1, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Thursday, March 2, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, March 7, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 8, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Thursday, March 9, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 15 6:00 – 8:00pm and
- Thursday, March 16 6:00 – 8:00pm.
LSU Law students wishing to assist in volunteering at the VITA Site (which qualifies for PILS pro-bono hours) MUST attend the Training Session on Wednesday, February 15 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in LSU Law Room W230 to get certified to volunteer. A small, condensed make-up Training Session will be held on Tuesday, February 21 at 5:00 pm in LSU Law Room W230 for students who absolutely cannot make this training.