The LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center offers a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program where law student volunteers provide free tax preparation services for federal and state income taxes to foreign students, teachers and researchers that qualify as non-resident taxpayers. Individuals who have F, J, M, or Q visas are eligible for assistance.
Dates and Time of service:
February 25, 26, and 27;
March 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, and 19
6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Paul M. Hebert Law Center
1 East Campus Drive
Room W210, First Floor
Enter the Law Center from the steps facing the parade grounds and turn right down the hallway. The VITA site will be in the classroom at the end of the hallway.
Foreign students, teachers, and researchers with F, J, M, or Q visa status.
Please note the following will disqualify you from assistance: 1099-MISC, Capital Gains, Rental Income, Sale of Real Property, Gain for Sale of Personal Property, Dividends.
What to bring:
• 2012 tax return, if available
• Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
• Form W-2, if you received one
• Form 1042-S, if applicable
• Form 1098-T, if applicable
• Form 1099-MISC, if applicable
• Form 1099-R, if applicable
• Form I-94
• Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers (i.e., a blank check) if you wish to use direct deposit.
The law students have offered this service since 1999. Questions should be directed to Joe Ellison at email@example.com.