The LSU Law Center has received its largest gift to date from the estate of Judge Paul B. Landry, Jr. Judge Landry is a 1936 graduate of the LSU Law Center. Prior to his death in 1998, Landry established a charitable remainder trust naming the LSU Law Center as the recipient of significant shares of stock. This gift will be used to fund student scholarships. Judge Paul B. Landry was a native of West Baton Rouge Parish and set up his law practice in the old Bank of West Baton Rouge in Port Allen shortly after receiving his law degree in 1936. In 1948, Landry was elected State Representative from West Baton Rouge Parish. He was re-elected without opposition in 1952. On August 1, 1953 he resigned from the legislature to accept appointment to the newly created judgeship in the 18th Judicial District comprising the parishes of Iberville, West Baton Rouge, and Pointe Coupee. Judge Landry also served as Town Attorney for the Town of Port Allen and as assistant legal advisor to the Atchafalaya Basin Levee Board. Judge Landry was elected to the First Circuit Court of Appeal from the First District. He took the oath of office on July 1, 1960. He served as an appeal's court judge and later chief judge until his retirement on August 1, 1979. Judge Landry died in 1998. A portion of the Judge Landry gift has provided for a student scholarship matching gift incentive program.