The Law Center has computers available for students and other patrons on the 1st floor of the Law Library. Students can use these computers to print documents to the Print Center.
- Software Available On Library Computers:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Edge
- Student Print Center
- Faculty Laptop Policy – It is at the discretion of each professor whether they will allow laptops during lectures. Faculty may ban laptops from classroom lectures entirely if they choose to do so.
- Laptop Technical Support – For technical support on your laptop, come to the helpdesk in room 317 at the Law Center. We provide basic technical support for most laptops running the Windows or Mac operating systems. Support is provided to you as our time and resources permit. We will do what we can to help but it is entirely at our discretion as to how much help we can provide.
- LSU Discounts for Hardware Purchasing – We do not endorse any specific model or brand of computer. However, several companies offer discounts to LSU students. If possible, be sure to purchase an extended warranty that will last your entire law school career. To take advantage of these programs, visit the LSU IT Hardware Purchasing site portion of Tigerware.
This allows you to store and/or backup important files in a secure place on the Law Center file server. Web access is available from any computer with an Internet connection at https://lawsrv1.law.lsu.edu.
- H: Drive – your private storage area on a Law Center server that no other user has access to.
- Y: Drive (students) or S: Drive (Faculty/staff) – storage area on a Law Center server where you can share files with others. Be aware that this is NOT a private storage area so it is not a good place to put files you don’t want others to access.
Wired Study Carrels
There are a number of study carrels on the 3rd and 4th floors of the Law Library that have electrical power and wired network connections. There is wireless coverage in these areas but the wired connections are a good alternative if wireless access is temporarily unavailable. To use a wired connection, plug in your laptop and visit http://netreg.lsu.edu to register your computer using your myLSU account and password.