Law Center students should use their myLSU logon ID and password when accessing Law Center resources. Law Center faculty and staff are issued two computer accounts: a Law Center account and a University-issued myLSU account. These accounts have the same username but are two separate accounts that access different resources. See below for more information on each of these accounts.
Resources provided at the University level and most Law Center provided resources are accessed through myLSU accounts. These include campus network access, online registration, grades, and W2 and related employment records. Students who attended LSU as an undergrad should already have a myLSU account. Those who didn’t attend LSU as an undergrad should have received a myLSU account when they registered for classes at the Law Center.
myLSU account is used for:
- Wireless Internet Access – the eduroam wireless network is used by students, faculty, and staff.
- myLSU web site – contains registration info, financial info, etc. You can change your myLSU password here by logging in and expanding “Personal Preferences” on the left side of the screen and choosing “myLSU Password Change.” Click here for instructions on resetting your myLSU password. If you have forgotten your myLSU password, click here for instructions on recovering the password.
- Tigerware – website for students to download LSU licensed software (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Off-campus access to Law Center web-based databases linked from Law Library’s website
- Law Center Computers (staff and faculty office computers, library 1st floor public computers, library 1st floor electronic classroom)
- File Server Web Access – H: (home drive or personal storage space) and S: (share drive)
- Student Print Center – located on 1st floor of the library
If you have problems logging in to the myLSU or Tigerware websites or are having myLSU email problems, it could be an indication of a problem with your individual myLSU account and/or password. LSU maintains these accounts so any individual account problems would have to be referred to the LSU IT Helpdesk at 578-3375 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law Center Account
A Law Center logon ID is currently only used for access to Law Center Email and Webmail which is used by law faculty, staff, some student organizations but not law students. Law Center logon ID passwords must be at least 10 characters in length and contain at least 3 of the following 4 character types: uppercase (ABC…), lowercase (abc…), numeric (123…), and symbols(~!@#$…). Passwords must be changed at least every 90 days.
Law Center Account Maintenance (Reset or change your password)
This web page allows passwords to be changed or reset. In the case of forgotten passwords, it can be reset by answering several security questions. Users are highly encouraged to visit this site early to set their security questions so they are available when needed. If you need additional assistance resetting your password, they can also be changed at the Law Center Computing Services Helpdesk in Room 317 or at the Library Reference desk.