Why Hire from LSU?
Thanks to a required focus on both civil and common law—and a natural comparative focus from the curricular coexistence of the two—LSU Law Center graduates offer unique skills that can be applied in Louisiana civil practice, common law practice for the other 49 states, and international engagement.
LSU Law Center’s rigorous curriculum, the quality and accessibility of the faculty, and our unsurpassed record over time in state bar passage rates, means LSU Law students have the training, knowledge and skills needed for successful employment. Our students are able to pursue individual career plans, whether in Louisiana, another state, or internationally.
LSU Law students are “Prepared for Practice.” LSU Law graduates:
- Have more classroom hours of instruction than students at any other law school in the country
- Are trained in both major law languages, civil and common
- Complete a mandatory National Trial Advocacy course
- Have the opportunity to represent real clients through the Law Center’s Clinical Legal Education Program in the areas of juvenile, immigration, domestic violence, and family mediation law
- Have the opportunity to participate in 27 Moot Court or Trial Advocacy teams that compete nationally; the Moot Court program was recently ranked in the top 10 nationally by two independent polls.
What Employers Say
“When we formed Kean Miller 26 years ago, 8 of the 9 founding partners were LSU graduates. Our growth from 11 lawyers in 1983 to more than 125 today has largely been fueled by graduates of the LSU Law Center. The quality of the education these graduates receive is outstanding. We count on LSU to continue to deliver top quality graduates who are ready to take on the demands of our practice.”
Gary A. Bezet, Partner
Kean, Miller, Hawthorne, D’Armond, McCowan & Jarman, LLP
“As a former full-time and present adjunct professor, I am thoroughly familiar with the excellent legal education and professional formation available to graduates of the LSU Law Center. LSU graduates constitute the single largest group of Phelps Dunbar lawyers, and we always look forward to the opportunity to consider these graduates for employment and long-term commitment to professional excellence at our firm.”
H. Alston Johnson III, Partner
Phelps Dunbar LLP