The LSU Law Center is known for its demanding, yet personal, legal education. Our goal is to provide a dynamic and state-of-the art educational experience for our students, and your gifts in support of our programs allow us to do just that.
Annual cash gifts and/or specific endowment gifts to support our programs and special initiatives are great ways for the Law Center to meet its short and long-term financial and educational goals.
Give on-line through the secure LSU Foundation website: lsufoundation.org/givetolsulaw
Clinical Legal Education Program
- Name the clinical program ($1M)
- Name the externship program ($120,000 minimum)
- Endow a clinical fellowship ($120,000 minimum)
- Endow a clinical professorship ($120,000 minimum)
Expanded Energy Law Program
- Endow a chair for the Energy Law Program ($600,00 minimum; eligible for $400,000 Regents match)
- Endow a junior scholar fellowships in energy law ($120,000 minimum)
- Endow a professorship in energy law ($120,000 minimum)
Other Student Programs
- Endow and name the Louisiana Distinguished Public Service Scholars program ($300,000 estimate)
- Endow a named scholarships ($40,000; eligible for match on $30,000 from the Law Center Matching Seed Fund, as funds are available)
- Endow and name scholarships to benefit minority students or minority organizations, with possible match (amounts TBD)
- Endow a gift to the externship program ($120,000)
- Endow or make an annual gift to create a Graduation Speaker’s Series (TBD)
Moot Court Teams
- Endow or provide annual support of individual, named Moot Court teams
($20,000 per year, 5 year minimum with option for renewal)
Enhancements to Student Life
- Endow or provide non-endowed pledge to create a named Dean of Students position ($50,000 for five years)
- Endow or provide non-endowed pledge to create a named Academic Counselor position ($50,000 for five years)
- Endow or provide non-endowed pledge to create a named Minority Affairs position ($50,000 for five years)
- Endow or provide non-endowed pledge to create a Coordinator of International Student Programs position ($50,000 for five years)
Chair in Civil or Comparative Law
- Endow a distinguished chair in civil or comparative law (eligible for $400,000 Regents match)
Faculty Programs: Academic (Doctrinal) Junior Scholars Fellowship Program
- Endow program to provide stipends (typically 2 years) for junior scholars as part of the Young Scholars Fellowship program ($600,000; eligible for Regents match – earnings would provide about 50% of stipend for two scholars and provide foundation for program)
Other Law Center Programs and Building Enhancements
- From the Library to our special Centers and Institutes, each program at the Law Center can benefit from your support. In addition, a number of building enhancements—such as renovating our Library Reading Room—are important to our future. If you are interested in supporting these areas, please contact the Law Center about how your dollars can make a difference for our students and faculty.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the LSU Law Center. For more information, contact Dr. Karen Soniat, Director, Communications and External Relations, at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 225/578-8645.