2015-16 Annual Fund
Annual Fund Chair Tim Daniels and Vice-Chair Phyllis Cancienne are enlisting fellow LSU Law graduates from across the state to help increase alumni participation in annual giving. Firm leaders are currently being named in firms throughout the state.
Why should you give to the Annual Fund?
Your gift to the Annual Fund makes it possible for the Law Center to develop the next generation of leaders in the legal, business, and public service arenas. Unrestricted gifts support:
- student financial aid,
- Apprenticeship Week for nearly 130 second and third-year students,
- advocacy programs, including over 25 traveling advocacy competition teams,
- clinic activities,
- speakers and activities for nearly 30 student organizations,
- events and publications for our alumni,
- networking events for our alumni and students,
- recruitment and placement efforts for students,
- activities for the Energy Law Center,
- events for Law Review and the Journal of Energy Law and Resources, and
- commencement and related activities.
Giving is easy. If your firm is participating in the drive, see the firm’s LSU Law representative. You may mail a gift along with a donation form to be provided by your firm representative, or donate online at the LSU Foundation website.
If your firm is not participating in the firm campaign, you may still donate online at any time via the LSU Foundation website, or mail a gift to the LSU Law Center’s Office of Alumni Relations, 110 LSU Union Building, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803-0106. Download the Annual Fund form.
A leadership gift to the Annual Fund ($1,000 or more) qualifies you for membership in the Chancellor’s Council. Young alumni practicing 5 years or less may join the Chancellor’s Council for a $500 gift, and those practicing 6-10 years may join for a $750 gift. Members receive discounts to select LSU on-campus activities, are the Dean’s guests at an annual event, and also receive individual recognition on the LSU Law website. Chancellor’s Council members also receive invitations to numerous student and alumni events throughout the year. Download the Chancellor’s Council Gift form.
For more information, contact Mimi Plauche at 225/578-8452 or Mimi.Plauche@law.lsu.edu.